Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I would like to continue my studies to improve my skills so that I could be more marketable. If I were given a chance to continue my studies, I would choose Ronchester Institute of Technology (http://www.rit.edu/).This institute accepts both deaf and hearing student. Facilities such as interpreters, tutors and notes takers are provided for daef students. Classes are combined with hearing and deaf student studying together.

The institute is in the US and US goverment has made it compulsory to provide interprefers for daef in hospitals, exhibitions, talks and even concerts! Other facilities such as FM loop system for deaf people who wear hearing aids, TTY pay phones for deaf people to phone hearing people, tutors, Amercan Sign Language classes, and many faculty and stsff memebers who can sign language well.

RIT also gives deaf students discount on course and sholarships. Deaf student are expected to leran more subject even those that may be irrelevant to their course so that they will have a wide scope of knowledge and skills and better chances of getting jobs.

RIT also offers vocational tehabilition for those disabled people who are having a though time getting jobs.

There are 200 programmes to choose from! Thhe course I would choose is degree or masters in teaching art studies to deaf students!

No comments: