Tuesday, April 1, 2008

career opporunity 2

Week 2
Job: Graphic designer
Advance Information Marketing Berhad
(jobstreet)

Responsibilities :

· Merchandise photography in edge-out and mood shot
· Image color adjustment, color correction, photoshop re-touching for artwork layout
· Artwork designs and developments
· Plan and execute work to meet clients’objectives and timelines
· Work closely with external vendors to ensure objectives and timelines are met


Requirements :


· Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Degree in Art & Design, Advertising/Media, Photography or equivalent
· At least 1 year of working experience in the related field which includes photography of merchandises
· Must have working knowledge of photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkXpress. Knowledge of any other applications is a plus
· Required language(s) : English. Knowledge of Mandarin is plus
· Familiar with colour separation and printing processes
· Experienced in Print Media is a plus
· Has strong creativity, A team player, self-motivated and dedicated with good interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a fast paced and demanding environment


The post I want to apply for is Graphic Designer.

I am not very confident of my skills in taking photography but I am willing to learn. If I get this job, I would enrol for night classes for photography or look for photography tutor to improve my skills while learning on the job.
I am also not very familiar with colour separator and printing process. I have only 2 month of working experience of this however this is a good opportunity for me to learn new things as I am still new to this industry.
Another difficuilt point is, I may have difficulty communicating with external vendors as I am deaf. I have to think of a way to overcome this. Perhaps the boss would be understanding of my disability.

No comments: