Monday, April 14, 2008

design for corporate

I was given four themes to choose from:

Design for music
Design for Art
Design for Social Awareness
Design for Corporate Identity

I choose Design for Coorporate and my hypothesis is “Malaysian Corporate Identity
sometimes does not have appropriate concept and is not very creative.’

There is often confusion between corporate identity and corporate image. Corporate image means a mental image of a company that could be influenced by the media’s coverage, company’s performance and public’s perception.

Corporate identity, on the other hand, is represented by company’s logo, uniform, slogan, stationery, décor, etc. For example, the corporate identity of Apple Computers is shown by its logo – bitten off apple whereas the company’s corporate image has its ups and downs. Corporate identity is usually fixed and corporate image is not.

I want to narrow down my research on company logos as corporate identity.

The following questions maybe helpful in assisting me in finding out whether my hypothesis is true or not.
What is concept?
How is concept and corporate identity related?
What is the importance of concept?
Definition of creativity?

I will do both primary research as well as secondary research.

No comments: