Sunday, April 6, 2008

Career Opportunity Portfolio 7

It is sometimes difficult for the deaf to get jobs as employers often misunderstand that the deaf have no skills and its difficult to communicate with them. That is why I prefer to meet the employer face to face before telling them that I am a deaf person. I want them to see my portfolio and try to communicate with me via writing before they judge me.

I think I should look for the following jobs instead of just narrowing my choice to graphic designer post :

· Graphic designer
· Photographer
· Illustrator
· Lecturer for the deaf.


I will do job search via :

· Internet
· Newspaper
· Job agents
· Magazines
· Advertising year book


My mailing list will consist of the following websites:

  1. http://www.topdesignfirms.com/directory/international/malaysia

This website provides a directory of design companies in Malaysia. I will e-mail or fax my resume to the stated companies. They may keep my resume just in case in the future they need a designer, they may contact me. I may also walk into the companies to introduce myself and show my work.

  1. http://www.superpages.com.my/superhome/employment-agencies/

It is sometimes difficult for deaf people to get jobs so if I can’t get a job via online application, I would go to job agencies and get registered. This website has addresses of job agencies in Malaysia.

No comments: